About Me

22. Tucson. University of Arizona 2014 graduate. I like to read, write, and obsess over television shows and music, which you'll find a bit of here.

Monday, December 8, 2014

The Christmas Tag


This is a very long tag because I decided to pick and choose from a lot of different Christmas tags that I found online. I hope you enjoy and I encourage anyone to fill the tag - in a blog post or video - and be sure to send it to me if you do!

1. Do you like to stay in your PJ’s, or dress up for Christmas? 

We've never been the family to really "dress up" for Christmas. When I was younger I definitely stayed in my PJ's, but now I'll usually throw on jeans or comfortable sweatpants. Lately I've been living in my "Walk the Moon" sweatshirt, especially since my mom keeps the house colder. 

2. Do you open your presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

My mom and I have a tradition that we open one present on Christmas Eve and then the rest the next morning. When I was younger and it was me and my cousin we would open presents first thing - but now that I'm older we'll usually wait until the evening or late afternoon to open presents. 

3. What’s your favorite Christmas meal or treat? 

Some of the usual staples that my family has for both Thanksgiving and Christmas - twice baked potatoes are a huge favorite. Then of course cups of hot chocolate! This year I'm going to make a bunch of cupcakes for Mia, Marissa and I (also a batch of Hanukkah ones for them!) and my co-workers at Barnes & Noble. 



4. What’s your favorite holiday movie (or specials)?

The Santa Clause, The Holiday, The Last Holiday, A Christmas Movie, Home Alone, Christmas Every Day - then of course all the Christmas Specials of my favorite shows. I love watching the Glee Christmas episodes, the Danny Phantom Christmas episode is hilarious, as well as other random shows with nice specials. Of COURSE the Doctor Who Christmas Specials - both the new one on Christmas day and past ones. 












5. Have you ever made a snowman?

I have! When I was a kid in North Carolina. We didn't make a snowman, because it was actually February at the time - but we had a lot of snow fall in Prescott as well.



6. Show us an embarrassing Christmas Card photo!

I guess this counts! This was probably my family's Christmas card photo in like, 1992? Maybe 1993. 


7. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?

Not too many, honestly. Christmas has been pretty different the last few years and grown a bit smaller with just my mom and Grandma in the same state to celebrate it. The Christmas "traditions" I'll probably still have are watching my favorite movies with my family. 

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?  

Fake!

9. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?

I honestly love both. I love picking out the perfect gift for someone. That moment in the store when you see something and immediately think of a friend or a relative and know it would be perfect. Then wrapping it or putting it in a cute gift bag is amazing. Of course, there is nothing like getting a gift someone obviously picked out with care! 

10. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?

I'd love to be in New York City for the holiday - I went a few days after the New Year a few years ago, but I'd love to be there in the thick of Christmas. Another place to go would be England, or a very snowy place. 

11. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make?

We have these things called "Gloopers" - I don't know if many other people make it or not. You make it by getting lunch meat ham, spreading cream cheese over it and then putting a green onion in the middle and rolling it up. You put them in the freezer for about an hour, pull them out and cut into little bite size pieces - sort of like sushi rolls. They're so good and my grandma has been making them since before I could remember.

12. Most memorable Holiday moment?

The morning I woke up - I was probably only in first grade, maybe even kindergarten - and got a set of Sailor Moon dolls. I just remember the dogs running around and being so happy about those dolls. I played with them so much. 

13. What made you realize the truth about Santa?

I was either in 2nd or 3rd grade. I went to my grandma's closet to grab something for her and I saw a bag full of things. I distinctly saw a Furby and thought, "oh, it's my present!" On Christmas day....it was Santa who gave me the Furby. So I sort of put 2 and 2 together.

Figures it was the evil Furby who destroyed my childhood.

14. Favorite Christmas songs?

Here's a few - surprise surprise, most of them are Glee. 

























15. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?

I don't really make them anymore - because I didn't stick to them! 

16. What makes the Holidays special for you?

Being around friends. Spending time with my family (even though they drive me crazy sometimes). The religious connotations of the holiday and the celebration of that day. And of course, the gifts are special - they don't have to be materialistic, but the thought and care that went into the gift itself.


I hope everyone has a happy holiday - whichever one you may be celebrating! 

For this I tag: 

and Rachel Whitehurst why not 

Until next time, 

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment