About Me

22. Tucson. University of Arizona 2014 graduate. I like to read, write, and obsess over television shows and music, which you'll find a bit of here.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

The "Me Time" Tag



This blog post was inspired by essiebutton's video with amelialiana where they created a new YouTube tag - "The Me Time Tag"! I couldn't resist turning it into a blog post, since I don't do YouTube videos. I sounded like a fun little idea. 

You can watch the video here - as well as get the questions there as well if you want to answer them yourself (in video or blog form). 

Also sorry, I couldn't resist using this cap from when I was pausing the video as my blog title header. 

THE QUESTIONS

What do you watch or read during me-time?

            Whatever I’m currently marathoning. Lately I’m in between shows, but since I’ve been busy with two jobs I’ve been having to catch up on my weekly watching. A big “me time” show has been The Walking Dead, since I’m the only one in the house that watches it. So it’s my Sunday “alone time” sort of thing. I’ve been wanting to rewatch my favorite shows like Doctor Who and Glee.

            Not going to lie. Me time reading sometimes just means a good fic. It’s something you don’t quite have to think about and you can curl into bed with your laptop so easily. I want to start reading Scott Westerfeld’s “Afterworlds.”

What do you wear during me-time? #nobra

PJs all day everyday. All summer that has basically meant shorts and a tank top because it’s way too hot. I have started to throw my sweatpants – you know the kind, baggy and huge and so comfortable – into the rotation just because they feel so nice. I’m excited for colder weather because I love wearing my favorite Walk the Moon sweatshirt.

What are your me-time beauty products?

I can’t say I have a go to beauty product for a “me time” day. I sometimes use a random face mask, but I need to find something “better” I guess. I’m also not a person to take baths, so that’s out. Sometimes a nice hot shower is all I need and I just use my usual products. Sometimes a deeper conditioner for my hair.

Current favorite nail polish? 

I actually want to go shopping for a few new “fall color” nail polishes. (If you have any suggestions let me know. I definitely know I want a nice mauve color). Right now I just have black on and I’m surprised how much I like it. Keeping with “fall” I’m probably going to paint one of these colors on to get in the spirit of the season. 


What do you eat/drink during me-time? 

Tea is a go to if I’m having a lazy day. Sometimes hot chocolate. The warm drink when you’re laying in bed just makes you feel that much more cozy.

New tea mug courtesy of Mia and Marissa for my birthday! 

Current favorite candle?

Right now it’s one I’ve had since last year but recently started burning it a lot – “London Calling” from Bath and Body Works. Another thing I have on my list: buying more fall and winter themed candles!



Do you ever have outdoor me-time? 

Not really? Outdoors is mostly too hot to do too much here in Arizona. If by “outdoor” you mean “go out somewhere” then yes. I like to go out by myself a lot to the store and just wander around and take my time. I love shopping with people, but sometimes having time alone in a store is even better. I could walk around for an hour or more just sort of browsing.

Would you ever go see a movie alone? 

I guess going along with the above: yes, I think I would, if it’s something I really want to see and no one else does.

Favorite online shop? 

Forever 21, obviously. Deb Shops has a pretty great selection as well. I like that both are so affordable, too.




Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time? 

Sometimes “me time” means cleaning up my room and reorganizing. Other times writing – that is probably my ultimate “me time” because writing is just so solidary and personal. It depends on what sort of mood I’m in when I want to have “me time.” I might not feel like doing anything, which means it’s definitely a marathoning a show, scrolling through Tumblr sort of day. Other days you feel energized and ready to do anything – but alone. 


That wraps up this tag. And since this is the thing to do, I'm going to tag a few of my friends to do this tag if they feel the need: 



1 comment:

  1. Oooh I watched their video when they did this tag and it seems like fun! I'll definitely do it soon! :) Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete