About Me

22. Tucson. University of Arizona 2014 graduate. I like to read, write, and obsess over television shows and music, which you'll find a bit of here.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Product Review: OGX KuKui Oil

Today I'm going to do my first product review! I'm definitely all about trying to tame my hair (I have very curly, frizzy hair that I honestly can't go a day without washing or else it turns into a bird's nest) so I'm always on the look out for new products. (By the way, if you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments below). I'm still a bit of a stickler with the price, however, and try to be as affordable as possible. I actually got all of the following for sale on Ulta's website, in combination with a coupon. 

So, here is my review on the OGX KuKui Oil line. I got all four products in the line: the Hydrating Oil, Curl Cream, Shampoo and Conditioner. 


I've been using them all for over a week now (probably more like two weeks) and I like the results they have given me. The first few washes with the shampoo and conditioner didn't wow me at first, but after a while I did start noticing a different in the feeling of my hair. 

After the shower, I spray the Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil onto my hair. I think this might be my favorite item from the line and I saw a huge difference in my hair with it. "Anti-Frizz" grabbed my attention immediately and I had to try this out. I actually had this one before the other products and it even works by itself. 


Next: The Curl Cream. At first I didn't see a real difference - I've tried a lot of curl creams and it's a staple in my morning routine - but then I think it clicked and started being pretty useful. I put this in after the Hydrating Spray and scrunch it through my hair. Then I take a round brush and make ringlet curls. I always let my hair air dry. Somedays it leads to amazing results, other days not so much. My hair never does the same thing twice, I feel. 


Here is a photo from a very good hair day using these products, if you wanted to see what my hair looks like. 


Now all these products claim to "eliminate frizz" - it did a good job of taming some of the frizz, but I still found myself frizzy near the end of the day especially. It could be because it's been quite humid lately (we usually have under 5% humidity normally), or that I've never really found a product that gets rid of my frizz entirely. Once again, if you have any miracle product suggestions, I'll be happy to try them out! 

I hope this was useful for you. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about OGX products, but they do have so many different ones to choose from, dependent on what sort of hair you have. It might be worth checking out! 

Thank you, and until next time - 

Rose

3 comments:

  1. Is it sulfate free?
    I have extremely curly hair as well, and usually live under 35% humidity, so I feel where you're coming from. I use L'Oreal Sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for curls, it comes in a blue bottle and in pretty good amounts, often times on sale at target. I shampoo about every other day or every two days, and only shampoo my scalp. As a curl defining cream I use Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves, which is pretty inexpensive and lasts for a while, and I get that at target as well. Those products together work pretty well for me, and my hair has been looking a lot better since I started using a method called "plopping" before I leave the house, which I highly recommend! It rocks! All you have to do is google it and it'll be explained perfectly. I also use only wide toothed combs, not brushes. Those are basically all of my methods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sulfate free! I totally forgot to mention that.

    And I've used that Not Your Mother's Kinky moves - mostly when I travel because it has a lid that will close easily.

    And do tell me more - what's this "plopping"? Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site. review

    ReplyDelete