About Me

22. Tucson. University of Arizona 2014 graduate. I like to read, write, and obsess over television shows and music, which you'll find a bit of here.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bedside Table Decor



My mom got this dresser from a yard sale for a whole $5 a few months ago. She first told me about it over the phone and I decided I didn't want it, because she mentioned the drawers were shallow and let's just say that I have a lot of clothes and it just wouldn't have worked. Then when I visited her I saw it and fell in love. I had her bring it down to my house the next time she visited me and now I use it as my bedside table.

It has a very retro vibe to it. I'm still looking out for better knobs for the drawers themselves, maybe a nice blue or yellow to bring some color to the piece, but I just love it so much. It's long, has a good amount of storage space for my non-clothing items, and of course, is so cute. I've been wanting to get a table runner for it, just to make it pop more, but I found this wrapping paper today at Target and thought it might be a good substitute to your usual fabric runner.

It was $1 and isn't as wide as your usual wrapping paper (it was from the beautiful, addicting, $1-$3 section of Target) and is a beige and white polka dot print. They had some others - this very cute beige and blue pattern that I almost got as well, but I limited myself to one for now.








I laid it down on the top of the dresser and taped it down on the sides. So far, I love it. I might still look for a fabric table runner, like I originally wanted, but if the paper can hold up I might just leave it how it is.









Finally, I had been waiting to really decorate my beside table until I had a table runner. Until now I had sort of just thrown things on top of it - but I cleared it off and put things how I wanted them (or at least, how I think I want it now! It could always change).


First two items: this beautiful white ampersand (vocabulary lesson! that's an "and" symbol) from Ross and a beach chair photo frame from Bed Bath and Beyond. Fittingly enough, I put a photo from the beach into the photo frame.

The original photo at the beach in California with my girls: Liz, Katie, Marissa, Mia, Izzy and Maddie.


Moving along, I have this adorable dog ceramic that I just bought today at Michael's. Originally $20, it was 70% off so I got it for a steal. I've been wanting a little dog statue like this for ages. Dogs are my aesthetic.



I have a candle (which I featured in my Autumn Tag post) in its make shift candle holder. I found that the other candle I got over flowed a lot when it was burned, so I decided to put it in this large jar for now.


Of course I have my lamp (dollar store chic!) and the last touch is a "coffee table" book. I love Lea Michele's "Brunette Ambition" so much, and thought it would look cuter on display like this than on my bookshelf.


That's it for now. I like the way the items are arranged, but if you have any suggestions that you think might make it look better, let me know in the comments.

Until next time,

Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment